Add metadata or a caption to images attached in Nintex Mobile App

Badge +4

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is possible. But what i need is to be able to add a caption/comment/description (any will do) when i take and attach images in the Nintex Mobile App.

While i'm at it, is there anyway to display captured images by embedding them on the form rather than having them display as a hyperlink?

Thanks a million!

Kimberley

12 replies

Badge +16

‌ did you ever get anywhere with this?  if not, maybe you can pin down someone from Nintex at the ‌?

Badge +4

Hi Cassy, 

Unfortunately, I didn't end up getting a resolution for the ability to be able to caption/comment or add description to images in the Nintex mobile app. I did raise this as something that should be put on the road map.

As for the embedding images on the form rather than disaplying as a hyperlink... Chris Ben‌ demo'd a solution for this at a Nintex breakfast in Auckland last august (actually on my birthday and what a way to start the day!). Will post it below shortly happy.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you tried any of most recent nintex mobile apps?

just tried with v4.5.1. on android and there is (already) possibility to edit images taken within app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

You never told me it was your birthday!!

That was a fun demo.  I'm currently planning my next one - should be just as fun ;)

Badge +4

Wish I was there to see it! Should set up a live stream to the UK wink.png

Badge +4

Hi ‌, are you talking about the markup capability on the Nintex mobile app? being able to draw and write text on top of the image? I was hoping for a caption functionality that would store captions against images for post processing so when you view a form on a desktop that ends up just having a name like IMG_0932.jpg you could have a caption next to it in another column/control that would give it a bit of context like 'picture of my site visit'.

Not sure there is anything like that just yet, but your message has made me think and a little excited so i'll be playing around tomorrow with the Nintex mobile app to make sure there's not something i've missed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes, I meant putting text and drawings into image.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

So I know this is possibly no longer needed.. but how this was achieved for a client was to do the following:

1) Attachment control where the photos go (that one is the easy bit!)

2) Repeating section just below the attachment control with a single line of text marked as "Comment"

3) A disclaimer just above telling the user, "Please note that comments should be entered in the following order: first (right-most) to last (left-most.)"

4) The workflow uploads each attached document into a library.

5) A collection action counts the photos, then looks through each photo and finds that associated comment in the XML of the repeating section (since the number should be the same)

6) Do whatever you need to do with the comment & the photo!

In this case, the client needed those items to be sent to SQL. But I can also see how you could just add a comment as a piece of metadata to the newly uploaded photo in your processing library.

If I ever get time, I want to (this is a total non-coder speaking) try and figure out how to easily associate an attachment to a piece of metadata ... I feel like there must be some simple way ... like, without having to direct people what order to comment in.

Cheers!

Rhia

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hey all,

I've posted a user voice request for this feature.  Please upvote it! wink.png

Cheers,

Chris

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Consider it done grin.png

Badge +4

Thanks ‌!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This is somewhat resolved as we can now add attachment controls into repeating sections -- which means we can add a single line of text field for each photo! Hooray!