Not applicable

Group users are unable to recieve email that we are sending them via Ninetx workflow

Jump to solution

We send circulars notification via Nintex workflow, Group users are unable to recieve email that we are sending them via Ninetx workflow in SharePoint 2013, I am using Nintex trial version 28.1. Individual people receive email but groups are not, For information we are using the same Workflow for last 2 years and earlier that workflow was working fine but now from last two weeks groups are not receiving any email notifications .

Looking for support

Regards

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Group users are unable to recieve email that we are sending them via Ninetx workflow

Jump to solution

Hi Zareen,

Go to group settings and check whether "Everyone" have view permissions, if its only group owners change it to "Everyone", this should be done for all the groups which are added in Email To list.

0 Kudos
octy40
Nintex Newbie

Re: Group users are unable to recieve email that we are sending them via Ninetx workflow

Jump to solution

What kind of group is this? A distribution group or a security group?

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

how many members are in the group?

0 Kudos
katie_willis
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi There, we are having the same problem. Was there a solution for this?

0 Kudos
greenawayr
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

As you can see, a lot of questions need answering before an answer can be given by the community.

Are you experiencing the issue with an AD group or a SharePoint group? If a SharePoint group, then I believe in the group settings that "Everyone" needs to be able to see the membership of the group and that the group must have read permissions to the site.

katie_willis
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Ryan. Its an email enabled security group. We have no problem with a SharePoint group.

We need to send an email a large group of people within the business where an AD group already exists. We have created a test email enabled security group (MC_SharePoint_email_enabled2) with myself and the Network Administrator in it and I have confirmed there is an email associated with the group. We have tested that we can send an email to that group from outlook. The workflow we have created sends to individual email addresses assigned to the To field in the workflow but not to the people within the group.

0 Kudos
greenawayr
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

It does appear as this setup should work. I'd suggest opening a ticket with Nintex if you haven't already done so.

This is a Email Notification, not a Task isn't it?

katie_willis
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Correct. Just an email notification. Thanks for you assistance with this. Will let you know if it gets resolved.

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

did you resolve this in the end?

0 Kudos