InfoPath form fields when promoted as columns in a SharePoint list do not show up as fields in Nintex workflow options, just as normal SharePoint list fields would do. Why?

• 25 September 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I have created an InfoPath form and promoted some of its fields as columns in a SharePoint form library. They appear as columns fine but when I am trying to create a Nintex workflow based on the values of those columns, I cant do it. I do not see those columns in the Nintex Workflow control options. Only the standard SharePoint columns are showing up, not the promoted ones from InfoPath.

7 replies

Badge +2

nintex - set field value.jpg

I am using the 'Set field value' action and the list of fields only shows the 3 standard SharePoint fields (as shown above) and not the fields I have promoted from the InfoPath form.

Badge +11

The 'Set Variable' action is retrieving the workflow variables not the SharePoint columns. So you can create a workflow variable called Test. In the Set Variable action, for Set click on the dropdown and Test should appear. Select that. By 'Equals', select 'List Lookup'. Then select the SharePoint field by the field value. That InfoPath field should appear with the other columns.

Badge +5

If you want to show up the fields you promoted from Infopath in Nintex Workflow you need to set the checkbox to true when promoting the fields: "Allow users to edit data in this field by using a datasheet or...".

Cheers

Badge +11

I hate to say this....but first you should try and steer away from InfoPath. Microsoft is going to stop supporting it and InfoPath has so many issues. With that said, you are more successful when using InfoPath to use them with SharePoint lists. Here are recommendations when to use a list or library. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/infopath/archive/2010/04/22/comparing-list-and-form-library-forms.aspx.

Badge +11

Oh ok......I don't understand where the columns don't appear in the workflow.

Badge +16

‌ did you ever resolve this issue?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Check out the Transitioning from InfoPath to Nintex whitepaper from Nintex for some good information and tips.