Out of Office to redirect or delegate task - Is it possible?

• 3 August 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi Blackpearl users,

I've recently started using the out-of-office feature provided by K2; I've read that it is used to "share" tasks with specific users but is it possible to redirect or at least delegate the task to the user set up in the out-of-office rules?

The reason for my question is that we have a web app that kicks off instances off the workflows and the users approve and decline tasks from the web app.  If UserA chooses UserB as the person who will be actioning their tasks, UserB won't be doing so from within the workspace but rather from the web app.  This results in the error : "24411 K2:DOMAINUserB from ... is not allowed to open the worklist item with SN=78448_25".  is there a way arount this?  The only way I can think of is redirecting or delegating UserA's task to UserB but is it possible using the out-of-office feature?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! 

Thanks in advance everyone.

Shaun

1 reply

Hi Shaun,

As my think, it is possible to use OOF feature.

Note that we use the term “Delegate” because Out Of Office creates a copy of the user’s task item for each user that the task is forwarded to. Users can also decide to forward their work to multiple users.

Thanks,

Mac

---K2 Thailand