Not applicable

Get notification when a workflow is republished

Jump to solution

This is for NW2010. I've got a need to launch workflows directly from a SharePoint list, by way of displaying icons in a list column. With some jQuery, I've got this working, but the solution depends on the workflow's ID, and this changes every time the workflow is republished. (see Obtain workflow ID by title using CSOM? - SharePoint Stack Exchange  )

Apparently, being on SP2010 eliminates any straightforward means of referencing a workflow by name via the client. So I'm stuck on having to reference a workflow by ID. As a way of making that situation a bit more tolerable, I'd like to get notification whenever the workflow is republished.

Is there a way of getting an email notification whenever a workflow is republished? Better still if that email contains the workflow ID.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
bamaeric
Explorer

Re: Get notification when a workflow is republished

Jump to solution

Hi Alan,

One thing to consider is using the "Workflow Change Approval" option.  When the Workflow Change Approval is enabled on a site, all workflows will need to be approved before the workflow can be used.

Go to Site Settings > Workflow change approval.  You can set up a workflow to run on workflows that are published which could include a notification from an approval task.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Get notification when a workflow is republished

Jump to solution

Hi, Alan McCollough​! If Eric's advice proves to be your solution, please select his answer as "correct," as it helps others in the community. If not, your feedback is always welcome. Thank you!

0 Kudos