Stop allowing registrations after 25 people have signed up?

• 12 October 2015
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

I have created a form that is linked to a list in Sharepoint. Potential class attendees can sign up for 1 of 4 classes found on a drop down menu. How can I make the form automatically stop allowing registrations after 25 people have signed up for each separate class?

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi Inger Spikner,

I have done a similar on Infopath sometime back but the idea should be similar. There are 2 lists. 1 list has the schedule and available number of slots for each class i.e. 25 in your case.

2nd list will be the list where registration happens.

Using lookup, get the number of available slots each time user selects the class from a drop down. Once the user submits, start a workflow to reduce the number of slots in list 1 by 1 for the corresponding class.

Next time when the lookup happens for the same class, it should be one less.

Create a validation on the slot lookup, if it is equal to 0, then dont submit or disable the submit button if slots=0. Hope it explains the basic idea behind it. I have not created this in NF so cannot share.

Badge +6

Thanks so much for your response.

It is exactly what I need, however, I am new to SharePoint/Nintex and need more specific instructions.

How SPECIFICALLY do I make this happen: Using lookup, get the number of available slots each time user selects the class from a drop down. Once the user submits, start a workflow to reduce the number of slots in list 1 by 1 for the corresponding class.

Also, can you provide the specific instructions on how to do this action as well? For example, what Action Set do I need to add to my workflow that would reduce the number of class slots by one each time & WHERE on the Workflow should I put this new action?: Using lookup, get the number of available slots each time user selects the class from a drop down. Once the user submits, start a workflow to reduce the number of slots in list 1 by 1 for the corresponding class.

Inger N. Spikner

IT Business Unit Liaison

Badge +6

Hi,

are you able to send detailed instructions on how to accomplish your instructions?

How to ----

Use lookup, to get the number of available slots each time user selects the class from a drop down. Once the user submits, start a workflow to reduce the number of slots in list 1 by 1 for the corresponding class.

Next time when the lookup happens for the same class, it should be one less.

Create a validation on the slot lookup, if it is equal to 0, then dont submit or disable the submit button if slots=0.

ALSO,

How can I clear my list.  I have signed up about 40 times to test the registration process----how can I CLEAR all my DUMMY registrations that I have created in order to prepare for the REAL registrants to sign up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

One quick way, if you can have a form per class, you can submit these to Nintex Live and set the Maximum Submissions setting to 25. Users can click on the links to these forms found on a single page.

But this requires anonymous submissions. So the user will have to write in their names on the form to sign up.