Adding the completed form as an attachment in the workflow email

• 29 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Dear Nintexers,

The Flexi Task workflow email that is sent has a link to the form submitted (Context Item Display Name), and the normal Click here to respond to the task.
Click here to view the workflow status.

I am wondering if the form that is seen when clicking the link (Context Item Display Name) can be sent with the workflow email as an attachment or embedded in the body of the email?

Any inputs are appreciated

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Currently there is not a feature that does that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

As said, right now there is no such function.

If you need some kind of receipt or documentation, you could create a word document with place holders and update it with the information from the task by using the update document action. After the task completes, the workflow will copy the task information to the document and you can send it to another person as email attachment.

If needed you could also convert the document to a PDF file by using the convert document action.

Would that be worth the effort?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +3

Hi Enrico.

The basic idea is that when someone needs to approve something from the Flexitask, if they want to approve by using the lazy approval on a mobile device, they cannot see the content of the form submitted unless clicking the link and then if outside the network logging into Sharepoint . I can try and put the list items in the body of the email as a table but it is not displayed in an easy to read format. This is why I thought if we could have the form as an attachment to view the data.

I guess the question should have been, "How to display the list item data in a easy to read format in the body of an email".

Any suggestions

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm, as there is no builtin function to add the item directly yet, building a table in the mail body would be the first option I think of too.

As this doesn't fit either did you think about using the Nintex Mobile app? It makes approval easy as lazy approval but gives you the option about how to render the contents of the approval task form.