SmartObject Filter Expression in List Method not returning SO

• 24 April 2012
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello,

I have a SmartObject that has two methods, however List is the only one of concern here.  I have tested the SmartObject using the SmartObjects Services Tester and it returns items using a list, and it will even filter on a property (GUID) when provided.

I have a requirement that has me processing results from a SmartObject Query so long story short, I needed to call the query in code.  I created the following snippet (from code event):

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

string soConnection = K2.StringTable["ServiceObject
Server"
];           
string soConnString = soConnection;

rptResult sample;

SmartObjectClientServer soServer = new SmartObjectClientServer();

try

{

// create smart object server client to query
smartobjects

soServer.CreateConnection();

soServer.Connection.Open(soConnString);

//Instantiate SmartObject

SmartObject soAR =              soServer.GetSmartObject(soConstants.soCRMAnalyticalResults);

string wr = K2.ProcessInstance.DataFields["WorkRequestID"].Value.ToString();

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(K2.ProcessInstance.DataFields["WorkRequestID"].Value.ToString()))

{

SmartListMethod getList =  soAR.ListMethods[soConstants.soMethodList];

soAR.MethodToExecute = getList.Name;

//setup Filter

Equals myfilter = new
Equals();

myfilter.Left = new PropertyExpression(soConstants.sysARWorkRequest, PropertyType.Guid);

myfilter.Right = new ValueExpression(wr,
PropertyType.Guid);

getList.Filter = myfilter;

SmartObjectList AnalyticalResults =
soServer.ExecuteList(soAR);

Essentially it checks for a work request, if its there, set a filter and pull the smartobjects. For some reason this wont return any objects.  I tried the ADO query option the SmartObject Services Tester and had similar behavior there with this:

Select * from soCRMAnalyticalResults

Where lims_workrequest = '{guid}'

'{guid}' is the actual guid without the {}.  It returns no objects either, even though the 'Execute SmartObject' option does.  also 'lims_workrequest' is the system name of the property I am querying.  Something I have painfully learned I need to do with SmartObjects (at least with the CRM entity service).

Has anyone seen this or know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +2

OK, well, never mind.  A little more digging and I realized the SmartObject Services Tester implements the 'Execute SmartObject' option differently (doesn't use the filter unless you define it, it uses InputProperties.  And when I did define a filter, it acted the same way as the ADO).  I decided to scratch the filter idea for GUIDs as its just not very reliable.  The InputProperties works just fine.