Exchange Server Configuration issue during blackpearl installation

• 20 August 2014
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

We have installed and configured a development instance of K2 blackpearl and smartforms using service accounts for k2 that are specific for that environment.  Now I am trying to install blackpearl in our QA/Test environment, essentially the same way.  When I get to the Exchange Server Configuration window, I select "Use Exchange for mail integration" and then select the "Configure Exchange On-Premisis" radio button and enter our "K2 Notify" email address.

This email address is specific to this QA/Test environment, as is the configuration account, services account etc.  I have also verified that the configuration account has full control permissions on the 'notify' mailbox in Exchange.

The EWS URL is fine, I can successfully discover or enter one in that is valid.

The issue comes when I click Next to continue on in the installation.  An error pops up saying there is "No Mailbox found for the address" and it lists the config account, which suddenly appears in the "Configure Exchange Online" section of the page. 

I can't seem to get past this.

I have tried to select the "Configure Exchange Online" radio button and enter the valid "notify" email address and password, which produces a sucess when clicking Test, and then deselecting it to select "Configure Exchange On-Premises" (in an attempt to get a valid email address in that field) but when I click Next, the system changes that email address back to the config account.  The config account appears in the format of config@domain without the ".com" as an email address would.

I have cancelled the install and started over to get back to this point and still cannot get past this step of the install.

We didn't have this issue installing previously in our development environment, what am I missing?

6 replies

Badge +9

I've seen a similar issue before in which there was a missing SMTP conenction string. In that particualr case we made one using the connection string editor tool, cached the e-mail credentials on the K2 server and then just restarted the service. I think you should verify the you have the proper SMTP connection string.

Badge +1

Hi & thanks for your reply,

During the dev install I got to the SMTP Settings screen after completing Exchange Server Configuration... and I haven't gotten that far yet on this server,  where would I update the SMTP connection string?

Is there a config file somewhere that I need to update?

regards

Badge +6

Hi t-rock,

The connection string editor can be found in C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin.

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +1

Hi Yannik,

The problem is that doesn't exist yet...I haven't completed the installation yet.  I have been trying to get past the exchange server configuration screen in the installation. 

If I skip the exchange configuration to complete the installation, I assume I can go back and configure that afterward in hopes that I don't have the same problem I have now.  At least I could then get to that smtp tool. 

Does that sound reasonable?

Badge +7

Hey T-Rock!

From the conversation what i usnderstand is you wanted to configure the SMTP settings to the K2 server however while you doning the installlation you didnt find any wizard which would ask you for providing the SMTP server details, if this is correct yer, at the time of installation when you enable the Exchange integration, K2 setup manager will not ask you to provide the SMTP server details to configure.

By default for notification, task allocations and other activities like Exchange interaction from the K2 process using the wizards, uses the Exchange service URL, which will be asked at the time of installaion. And email event uses the SMTP server details to send the mail. 

To configure the SMTP server to K2, please follow the below steps.

Once the installation is done, pleasae visit our K2 community and search for connectionstring editor tool which is available in the Blackmarket and download it and place inside the Hoster server bin folder.

Then open the connectionstring editor, now this will give you the configuration of Exchange service URL for the K2 service account.

Now you can see the Add button whiere you can add the SMTP server details for the K2 sevice account. 

Hope it helps !

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Badge +1

Hi K2Techiees !

Thanks for your info, that is helpful.

I ended up completing the installation, then going to the Connection String Editor and updating the connection string there as you described.

Now I am moving on with the smartforms installation, once I get it done & the rest of the SharePoint installs complete I will test out the email.

thanks,

tony