K2 - Infopath with managed code

• 11 September 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

I don't know if this fits in here, but maybe somebody can shed some light on this.

I am using an Infopath 2007 web form with code within a K2 workflow. When I try to hide a section (section, repeating table) through conditional formatting I get the following message:

A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line:xx Error:'null' is null or not an object.

This doesn't happen with 'normal' single controls - they can just be hidden fine.

I don't think this is K2 related, but has anybody experienced a similar problem?

Thanks,

Bernhard

2 replies

Badge +9

I think it is just a javascript error that most normal users won't see (at least, not in an obtrusive way - an icon appears in the lower left corner of the browser).  We have dealt with it for a while, because it doesn't seem to hurt anything, but we are now starting to look for a fix.  I'll post my findings here, if you can do the same!

Badge +4

Hi,

Thx for the answer.

I found a solution to this problem at: http://www.sharepointblogs.com/ssa/archive/2007/10/16/null-is-null-or-not-an-object.aspx

The reason for this problem was that the default postback option of the control changing the hiding condition ("Only when necessary for correct rendering of the form") didn't postback correctly. After changing the postback to "Always" the error vanished. Actually I still don't know why this happens with grouped controls only, but at least this fixes the error.

Regards,

Bernhard