NintexWorkflowID does not exist

• 14 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have just recently purchased Nintex Workflow.  I have a fresh installation.  Created a Document Library and when I went to create a workflow which only logged to the Workflow History and saved it. NintexWorkflowID does not exist.

I received "Column 'NintexWorkflowID' does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.  How can I resoved this ?  This is SharePoint 2016 with Nintex Workflow 2016

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Paul,

as this is a new installation I hope you don't mind if I ask if you completed all setup steps described here:

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/#sp2016/InstallGuide/InstallProd.htm 

Especially Database setup might be important here.

Can you create and publish site workflows or do you also get errors there?

Also ULS log might give you more detail what is expecting the column in question and where it looks it up.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Enrico,

No such luck.  I went through the Guide and did everything and still getting this issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm, maybe something wen't wrong during installation. I couldn't find anything useful related to this error message so I think it's best to reach out to Nintex support and have them have a look on your installation and environment.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

I think it may have something to do with our SharePoint Installation.  I tried it on a Site Collection that is "Path-Based" and it works fine.  But most of our Site Collections are "Host-Named".  And that is where its failing to save or publish with the following ULS entry.

System.ArgumentException: urlOfFile  Parameter name: Specified value is not supported for the urlOfFile parameter.  
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFileCollection.get_Item(String urlOfFile)   
 at Nintex.Workflow.WorkflowRepository.NameInUse(String workflowName, Guid listId, WorkflowType& workflowType)   
 at Nintex.Workflow.ApplicationPages.SetName.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)   
 at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)   
 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.LayoutsPageBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e)   
 at Nintex.Workflow.ServerControls.NintexLayoutsBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e)   
 at Nintex.Workflow.ApplicationPages.SetName.OnLoad(EventArgs e)   
 at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()   
 at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)