Forms: Checkboxs not displayed correctly

• 2 November 2021
  • 1 reply

We use Nintex Forms which include Yes/No checkboxes. Unfortuantely since migrating from SP 2013  to SP 2019 the checkboxes are no longer showing the hook when checked.

No: 

20534iD5A488012DE1437E.png

Yes: (current state) 

20533i0A9637849E8BB867.png

Yes: (desired state) 

20536i3FE0E82CCA601E28.png

The fact that the hook is not shown correctly is caused a malformed URL for the background-image in the CSS for the label's ::before

20535iFEFFD71AE601BA16.png

The data:image ist prepended with the relative path to Nintex-assets in the hive. When I remove the "/layouts/15/NintexForms/resposive/assets/styles" part from the URL in the browser's F12-tools, the hook is displayes correctly.

How can I fix this permanently?

Kind regards,

Ben

How

Environment: 

Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2019 - International version: 5.2.1.0

SharePoint Server 2019 Enterprise with German Language Pack

1 reply

So, after a suggestion from Nintex support I checked with an unbranded site (no custom MasterPage). There the error did not occur. The difference between the erroneous branded site and the working unbranded site was the way CSS was injected into the page.

In the working site the the CSS is inserted by

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/layouts/15/NintexForms/responsive/assets/styles/responsive-common.css?v=5.2.1.0"/>

Here the background-image has a correct value starting with "data&colon;image ...."

In the non-working site the CSS is inserted as

<style type="text/css" data-themingsource="/layouts/15/NintexForms/responsive/assets/styles/responsive-common.css?v=5.2.1.0" data-original-href="/layouts/15/NintexForms/responsive/assets/styles/responsive-common.css?v=5.2.1.0">
THE CONTENTS OF THE CSS FILE
BUT WITH BROKEN background-image as in above post.

</style>

In my custom masterpage I see no reference to Nintex styles so this must be injected by the Nintex features. Is there any way to fix this behaviour so that CSS is always referenced as a file and not inlined as a style-block?