glenda
Forms Fledgling

Re: Form validation doesn't work

Jump to solution

Could you share your configurations (a few screenshots maybe?)

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Nafiseh,

In the example above, I have a two fields (click on image to display whole image).

A choice control containing the options A, B, C  and a people picker control beneath it.    I created a validation rule on the people picker control that will display a message if the choice is either A or C.   The message I display is "You must select a person" which appears at the top when you click on the "Save" button.   I named the choice control "Choices" and in the rule I selected from the Named controls column.   The rule reads as follows:

Choices == 'A' || Choices == 'B'

Which means:  If Choices equals A or Choices equals B.     The choices for 'A' and 'B' are case sensitive within the rule.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I tried it and it doesn't work what could be the reason that my validations won't work ? beside adding validation rule, is there any other configuration I have to do?

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Is it possible for you to save one of your examples that are failing out to a list template (you might want to make a small list just for this purpose) and post it here.  I can then load it into my environment to see what might be happening.

To save a list template, go to List Settings, then Save List to Template (.stp) file, which should automatically include the form.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

ok how do I attaché the file? I can't see an attachment option here

0 Kudos
glenda
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Nafiseh, if I'm not mistaken you are using double quotes instead of single quotes. Could you try changing it?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I tried with single quote and double quote non of them working...I really need to have it working . please help

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

When you go to reply to this, on the upper right hand corner, click "Use advanced editor"  then you will be able to attach a file at the bottom of the editor.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

ok here you go...check the last rule validation on the Rule list

0 Kudos