Lookup Column - Display multiple lines of text

• 27 January 2017
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

I'm using Nintex and SharePoint 2010.  I have a form using cascading look up fields.  One of the lookup columns (Check List) is a multiple line of text field.  So when this field is populated, you can't easily read the data.

Is there a way to expand the size of this look up field?  Or is there another way I need to set this up to show all the contents in the field?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Melodie,

I think this question landed in the wrong forum as this is the Nintex Hawkeye forum.

Lookup fields are not a good way to show lots of data. Could you try to explain your scenario a bit more to make it easier to suggest a solution?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Melodie Hecht

From looking at the screenshot you provided, it seems like you might need another column to your look-up list. To me, it seems like you'd need something like this:

Item TypeChecklist TypeChecklist Items
CellDaily1. Take out trash
CellDaily2. Wash windows
CellNightly1. Howl at moon
CellNightly2. Go swimming
DogDaily1. Eat beets
DogNightly1. Take out trash

That way, your user would select the Item Type - and then they'd have either a dropdown for the checklist type (if there is a type) - if not, then just a single line of text that would be filled automatically - and then a third dropdown that would filter based off of the single line of text to show the daily list items.

This would definitely be easier to use!

Let me know if that was confusing ... I feel like it might have been... 

Cheers,

Rhia

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, I've moved the question to the "Getting started" forum.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +11

If you want to extend the size of this field in a standard SharePoint-Form, JavaScript is one possible solution. You can add custom javascript to your form by using the JSLink property and add your custom JS-code manually or via powershell.

Sorry, wrong answer. The correct one is: Buy Nintex Forms and use it to style your form wink.png (But while waiting for your purchasing department, JSLink could provide some help)