Nintex Forms 2010 - Calculated field to count number of items in a list created by current user

• 12 December 2015
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

I have a form on which I need to calculate and show the number of times the user has completed the form this year.  I can't seem to find a way to count up the number of list items created by the current user during a date range.  Anyone have an idea of how I can do this?

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Perhaps you could add , on your list, a column named "createdYear" and use it on your query

Badge +2

I could do that but I just planned to parse the "Created" date to get the year.  What I'm really stuck on is how to query/count the list itself.

Badge +11

Hi Mike,

See if these steps help:

1. As you already have it, create a calculated column to show Year from the Created date column.
  2. Create a site workflow.
  3. Create a current Year variable and store current Year value in it.
  4. Query all the items from the list, get all the CreatedBy in the collection variable.
  5. Perform collection operation to remove duplicates. This will give you unique users from the list.
  6. Create For each loop with User (collection variable).
  7. Query the same list again, Filter against Year variable = Year calculated column. Get ID's in the collection variable.
  8. Use Collection operation to count ID's.
  9. As a result you will have count of ID's for the current year for each Created By. You can store this data in a separate list.
  10. When a person opens the form, you can do lookup against this list to show the count.