Solved

Form initiated from a document that knows about the document

Badge +7

Hi

I hope someone can help me figure out how to create a form that is initiated from a document that knows the document's columns.

I want the user to click a 'Feedback' button from the action menu (three dots next to document) to launch a form. The form should then autofill the document name it was initiated from and have the other document columns filled in, such as "process owner". Upon clicking 'Save', an email is generated to the process owner.

That's it. A form that is initiated from a document that knows the document's columns.

Really appreciate if someone from Nintex could advise if this is possible and how I could go about implementing this using Nintex Forms and Workflow for SharePoint 2013 Enterprise (on-prem).

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by kchaluvadi 23 June 2021, 14:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi Harryr,

Follow the below steps:

• Create a workflow and name it as "Submit Feedback"

• In workflow settings - Workflow Options - select "Start Manually", and select "Enable workflow to start from item menu" (This gives a menu item in the item's ECB menu)

• From the ribbon of the workflow settings dialog, click "Edit Start Form" and select "Edit with Nintex Forms", then design the Nintex form as per your needs, you can drag and drop document columns, optionally you can create new controls to enter feedback (make sure you map them to doucment library's columns to see the provided values later)

• Publish your workflow

Hope this helps your requirement.  

Badge +7

Aaah this makes sense. Thanks for the steps.