Unable to connect Calculated field from form to Multi line text column in SP List

• 28 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

There are many calculated fields on form where each gets value from different Multi line controls. Previously this was connected to Single line column and was working as expected. But now client has requested that they may enter long description and so we change the column type in SharePoint list to Multi Line Text. Post that the Connected to property for Calculated column is showing as Not Connected. Please refer below screen shot. Column11, Column21... are all Multi line controls on form. Please advise some solution to overcome this problem.

7925i4020BA9D14F63B4B.png

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

The Calculated Value control can only be connected go a Single Lines of Text column or a Number Column (Probably others) in SharePoint but not a Multi Lines of text column. I am not sure what the reason is but if i had to guess I'd say it would be a character limit issue.

If you would like to see this feature in Nintex Forms for O365 you can navigate to http://nintex.uservoice.com to make your request.