Query a Calendar List for all items for TODAY including AllDay, Recurring and Unique

• 24 February 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Good afternoon.  I am new to Nintex Workflow and I am trying to create a workflow to query a Calendar list for all items for Today.  This would include AllDay events, Recurring Events and Unique items (non recurring, non all day).

I keep getting close with my CAML query but the results are never quite right.

Ive seen serveral samples that are similar, but they don't quite get the right results.

5 replies

Badge +5

Charlie Price

Not sure if this would help you! But I briefly worked on something like this "Recurring Events" caused many issues and we were not able to use it.  It did work on Unique items.  My suggestion would be to create a test calendar with a few unique items and see if you can query the list if you do at least you know that it's working and then add a few Recurring Items and see what you get.  But in my experience Recurring Events are troublesome. By the way I didn't' use CAML I just used a Query List Action.

Hope it helps!

Badge +3

Hi Melissa,  thanks for the suggestion.  I am easily able to query single items, and Ive seen a ton of blog posts documenting close to what I am trying to accomplish,  so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I appreciate your help!

Badge +5

I'm pretty sure Recurring Event may be an issue.  It was for my group anyway.  We are using SP 2013 and Nintex WF.

Best of luck!

Badge +3

Melissa Castillo​,  using a workflow I found from a different post and making a minor tweak,  I was able to capture recurring and non-recurring, all day, and not all day calendar events.  Ive just started really testing out every possible type of scenario for recurrence,  but thought you might be interested in this.

Thanks to the workflow I found from Jeremiah Powers​ on a different thread.  I had to make a minor tweak on the date to for the wf to return non-allday events  (I changed the date to 12:00 of tomorrow) and that solved my issues.

Im about to add some additional logic for different time ranges,  I will post later today.

Badge +3

Hi Melissa -

One more followup,  the wf I posted currently only supports daily and weekly recurrences...Im trying to sort out the monthly and monthly by day now.  I will post a followup once that is complete.

Happy Friday!