Smart Object Integration with Sharepoint

• 30 December 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

I am relatively new to K2 and have started to get the hang of working with it and really find things to be smooth for the most part (especially since discovering just how to use SmartObjects with Sharepoint).   However I have a question about the Sharepoint SmartObject integration.  I have a list that I would like to generate a SmartObject for however I notice that not all the columns that I need to populate within the Sharepoint list are availabe in the SmartObject.  

For example the SharePoint list contains the following properties....

Title

Name

Price

ParentID (Stores the GUID of the parent list that this list is associated)

The SmartObject properties however only include the following propeties...

Title

Name

Price

As you can see the SmartObject doesn't contain the ParentID.  Does anyone know what I need to do in order to make that appear?  I guess if I can't I can always just create custom code to update the item with the parent id after I create the list using the SmartObject.  However this seems unnecessary if I can simply just include the ParentID on the creation of the new list item.

3 replies

Badge +9

Did you happen to create the ParentID column after you registered the Service Instance and or created the SmartObjects? If so, the SmartObject definition would not automatically be updated to reflect changes to the list. You'd need to refresh the service instance (either via the Site Settings menu item in SharePoint, or K2 Workspace) and then update your SmartObject definition.

Badge +5

I never figured this out, does anyone have insight?  If not I'll just use a CAML query to update the list item with the ParentID since I have both the ID and the ParentID stored in my workflow.  Though that seems unnecessary give the fact that there is a out of the box integration of blackpearl into K2.

Badge +5

Bob,

I'm sorry I missed your answer.  I did actually recreate the service but the ParentID still does not appear.