Custom Validation with \Tabs\" and panels"

• 1 February 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I have a form with radio button options being displayed as 3 buttons, these 3 buttons will display three different panels. Depending on the button that is selected there will be different validation required.

For example, button 1 will have a requirement of "Name", if I have selected button 2, I don't want "Name" to be a required field when I go to save the item. How do I add validation to a Textbox (or anything) that will only be required if the correct button is selected?

7 replies

Badge +5

try writing condition in this format equals(Control, Value) instead of IBCRequestType == "Reporting of Gifts"

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

For troubleshooting purposes, could you place a formula control on your form and have it display the value of your variable IBCRequestType? Just to make sure the value is updated correctly when you hit any of the other buttons.

The formula seems to be ok.

Badge +3

I have tried this and get the same result.

Badge +3

I have added the formula control and it is changing to the value of the selected button.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm ok, thats strange then.

In your first screenshot I see that the field Name is connected to the column "Recipient Name". Can you make sure that the field is not marked as mandatory in the SharePoint Columns Settings screen?

If the column is configured to "must have values" it will always be mandatory, no matter what rules you apply in Nintex Forms.

Badge +3

Well this is embarrassing...that field was marked as mandatory (although it isn't supposed to be). I can't believe that I totally missed that. You have no idea how much time I have spent on just modifying the form. Can we just delete this post in its entirety?? lol

Thanks for all your help, I have gotten this working with my original formula.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Don't be worried. I could only imagine that solution because I had the same ... uhm, solution in the past. grin.png