thomas_xu
Cloud Wanderer

Re: Force users to delegate group tasks

Jump to solution

Marian Hatala​, I couldn't agree more on avoiding sending too many notifications to a group of people. I am just simply saying in some scenarios delegating a task to a group can be considered.

It really comes down to the business process and who the task assignee is. For example, if a task is meant to be assigned to a IT manager to decide whether to delete to general helpdesk team or a network team he would (or have been told) know. Its just like remembering an shared mailbox name or a distribution list.

As mentioned above, I am hoping Szabó Róbert​​  could give us a bit more details on the business process so we can come up with a suitable solution.

rszabo
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Example: There's a group (10+ employees) called "accounting". They have a AD or SP group. People from different org units can send them tasks to work on. The workflow give the tasks to the TEAM. A task can take 15 min to an hour and they have other interruptions from other systems. So if a user pick a "bigger" task, starts working on it but something (interrupt request) comes up after 5 min they want to put the task back.

If they start working on it without delegation, it's possible that 2 or more with start the same. (email notifications are not used here because of of the big amount of tasks...)

Thanks for the brainstorm and the help!

thomas_xu
Cloud Wanderer

Jump to solution

1. You definitely need to implement "claim task ownership" functionality( using a assign Flexi task for example) as previously mentioned to avoid double handling of the work .

2. you can use "assign Flexi task" to assign a task to every member . You can disable the notification email and educate user to use "my workflow tasks" Nintex web part as "inbox" to track what task is assigned to them

3. The part where a member may put the task back to the queue doesn't make sense to me because that decreases efficiency . I think it would be better to leave the task with the same person to continue when their interruptions are handled. However , if you wish to avoid a task sitting with a person for too long then you can use " reminders" and "escalations" in the task to assist . And in the case where the assignee doesn't know how to complete the task.

4. If there are various stages of the workflow ( eg. Accounting, payroll, task completion notify owner) "State Machine" is definitely an option. Just a FYI from my personal experience I had serious issues with it stuck at changing state in a workflow I did before. Having said that this was a earlier version of the workflow so it may be more stable now. I personally prefer to use a loop and maintain a workflow state variable to achieve this .

Thomas

Sent from my iPhone

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Szabo,

I think you would need manually intervention to assign [delegate] the task to specific user within the group. May be some admin user within the group who would identify the user and delegate the task.

Identifying which user to assign task in group of x user you would different logic to determine [considering work load + relevant user] factor.

Thanks,

NintexGuy

rszabo
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Do you have any funky javascript which I could use?  If "Current User" != "Approver" (these are from the Common reference list) the task appears as disabled completely and show up the delegate link?

0 Kudos
rszabo
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks, but it's not an option.

0 Kudos
emha
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

you can achieve customized formating of single items by implementing client side rendering.

some good examples are eg. here  Office Client-side rendering (JS Link) code samples in JavaScript

I think sample1 (priority color) is quite similar to your requirement and you can easily adapt (eg to display disabled items in grey)

for delegate link you can create a calculated column and build it like

{WebURL}/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/DelegateTask.aspx?List={ListID}&ID={TaskID}

reg.

If "Current User" != "Approver"

keep in mind that if task is assigned to a group, approver will never equal to current user.

rszabo
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The decision is to develop a small custom control for Forms in which we check:

- Current User == Approver (the one who's responsible for the task, Group or Person)

- If they are the same (Current user is the approver) nothing happens

- If it's different then we DISABLE all controls on the form and show the delegation link with a message. Through delegation he/she can delegate the Form for herself/himself.

With some Custum JS or Rules you can do the same manually, but we need a general solution for hundred forms.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos