Validation before Workflow Action is submitted (for Approver)

• 23 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

in one of the the workflows we need to make sure that Approvers fill in necessary details before approving or submitting to next level

I have created advanced conditions/ validations

But issue is else field, how do i stop Approver from Approving/ Rejecting the Worklist item if advanced condition is not true.

please see the image (else condition)

current situation - it will just show alert message and close worklist item.15142i9D94156A42A748BA.png

3 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

From your screenshot, it seems you are trying to perform validation after the workflow action has been submitted. Since the action has been submitted, I don't think there is a way to stop it even if the validation fails.

When your approver opens the form, he/she will have to fill in some details, follow by triggering an event (such as a button click) in order for the workflow to move on, am I correct? Why not insert your validation rules into that event rule? If it fails validation, then stop right there.

Badge +7

Hi boringNerd,

its a worklist item, this is the only option i have, submit button is generated by workflow, i am not aware of any other Rule that can work out for me

15719i0437187D89C404B1.png

Badge +7

you can add viewform validation for control . we have a rule OOB .