seanobryant65
Forms Fledgling

For Each workflow action

I know this is going to be a very basic question, but here it is.  The "For Each" workflow action isn't work for me.  It's probably because I switch back and forth between several different systems, languages and workflow engines.

I'm trying to set up a workflow that looks at a "Deadline Date" in a list evaluates the due date and sends out notifications to the owner of the item.  The list has numerous items (5 or 6 hundered) that need to be evaluated, however I can only get it to evaluate one item in the list.

seanobryant65_0-1623863227508.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MegaJerk
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: For Each workflow action

To really make any headway with this problem, at minimum we'd need to see how the For Each action is configured. Ideally though, we should probably look at the Query, Collection Action, and the If Statement inside of the loop to really get an idea about what's happening. 

Looking at the workflow actions from this far out doesn't provide any clues that would be useful. 

0 Kudos
seanobryant65
Forms Fledgling

I was going to provide that, but neglected to.  See the attached document for screen shots. I'm certain that my logic is off and that it is going to be something really simple (stupid).

0 Kudos
MegaJerk
Automation Master
Automation Master

One of the immediate things I see is that in both you Collections Operation and For Each loop, you're referencing a variable called ColIDs, but I do not see it ever being set to anything. 

How is this variable's value set, and from where? 

0 Kudos
kchaluvadi
Workflow Veteran

Hi,

What is the filter condition in "Query list" action?

I saw the document with screen shots, in "ForEach" you are checking every item if the condition met, instead you can have your conditions in "Filter" section of "Query List" action.

0 Kudos
seanobryant65
Forms Fledgling

Here is the filter for the query:

seanobryant65_0-1623956305910.png

0 Kudos
MegaJerk
Automation Master
Automation Master

Not sure if it was missed because of the secondary question, but did you ever find out where that variable I asked about was being set, or what it contained? 

0 Kudos
seanobryant65
Forms Fledgling

The COlIDs is stored in the Index variable.

0 Kudos
MegaJerk
Automation Master
Automation Master

Nah. I'm asking where the colIDs are being set

I see where they are used

MegaJerk_1-1624474132191.png

MegaJerk_0-1624474113300.png

But nothing shows this variable actually being set...

MegaJerk_2-1624474204279.png

If your For Each loop is pointing to a variable containing nothing, it's not going to loop. 

0 Kudos
seanobryant65
Forms Fledgling

The Item Ids are created each time someone creates a request.  So they are created in the list by the user.

0 Kudos