simultaneous workflows launched periodically

Badge +1

I'll apologize in advance for asking a potentially redundant question ... 

I need to create a workflow system that will automatically, on a periodic (e.g., monthly) basis, send a request for data/information to multiple (several dozen) facilities to which they would respond.  Each facility would receive a separate workflow.  The workflows would need to get facility information from (perhaps) a SharePoint list.

Can anyone suggest what resources might be available for guidance, or how to start?  Is there a name for such a system of automated workflow that I should search on?  How to get the workflow to get facility info from a table, and across multiple workflows for each/all facilities?

Thanks in advance for any guidance/info that might be available.

Cliff

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

It depends on how you want to interact with those respondants.

The following steps could be a solution for you.

Use the action named "query list" and get all users from your sharepoint list, perhaps setting a  collection variable.

Then loop on that collection and set a text variable named varMyApprovers with users separated by ; , e.g. fhunth ; clong; bdavis; mjagger; mjackson, dbowie

Then could use the action Request Data setting the user with varMyApprovers.

This is a possible approach.

Badge +1

Fernando ... apologies for the delay; I meant to say 'thanks' earlier.  Am switching between a bunch of tasks.

I'll give your recommendation a try.  Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cliff