Create AD user - store resulting user

• 28 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I have list where people enter name, initials, title and so on, and based on that I run a workflow that uses the "Create AD user" action.

Now, what I want to do is to put the newly created user into a "Person or group" field on the same list item that was the basis for the user creation.

My question is: How do I get a hold on the created user in a form that is suitable for an "Set field value" using the "Person or group" field?

Regards

Leif

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there:

I'd think after creating the AD user, you could query LDAP for the SAMAccountName you just created, retrieve the display name, and put that into a person variable.  You can use the variable formatting to choose what you'd like to display it as, and put that into your SharePoint list people field. ...I think. I have no way of testing at the moment, haha. Hopefully someone will come in and say for sure!

Cheers,

Rhia

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi ‌ -- did you get this one figured out?

Cheers,

rhia

Badge +7

Well, yes sort of. In my business case I needed to put the newly created user into an AD group. In the "Add user to AD group action" I could actually just put in the initials of the user in the "User" field of the configuration on the action :-)

Regards

Leif

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Awesome! Good to hear it. If one of the answers in the thread helped you out, please mark it correct - if nothing helped you, feel free to mark your own as correct happy.png 

Cheers!

rhia