PDF attachment on a View won't open when using a Smartphone

• 25 July 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi all,

Strange one this, i access my form via a phone (iphone or android phones), the form loads up fine and the user fills in the form and clicks submit.

I then use the Save to PDF Smartform control to save the info filled in to a PDF. The PDF is attached to a view presented to the user which they should be able to click on and download or open, but this is not happening.

The view shows the PDF, but when I click on it, nothing happens. I've tried it on an iphone 5 and Android Samsung galaxy, and have PDF reader installed on them, but it won't let me open the PDF on the View. It just highlights the PDF but nothing else happens.

If I use a normal PC with PDF Reader, the attached PDF is clickable and opens/saves fine.

Anyone else come across this?

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

What PDF reader are you using on the phone? The standard app?

Have you tried downloading & installing the Abobe Reader for example. Try downloading this from the play store on your Galaxy (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.reader&hl=en_GB)  and see if it is still unable to open it. If you are already using Adobe reader perhaps try using an alternative app. 

Regards,

Isaac.