Web Requests on Task Form not saving selections?

• 3 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +8

I have multiple tasks. At task 5, the task form has some Web Requests that are treated as drop downs. Approver 5 sets these few fields, and I have a notification that gets sent to me when complete. The information is there. When it gets to task/approver 6, anything selected in those fields are back to the default "Please select a value..." with a warning triangle below the control saying "Attention Required. Please note: This value has been updated outside this form."

Can someone tell me some things I can check as to why this is happening? There's no controls in the workflow in between the notification and the next task that affect those controls.

5 replies

Badge +8

OK, now I'm even more confused. As I explained there's a notification after task 5 that tells me the contents of those fields. I added the same notification after task 6.

I removed the controls that were being reset from the second task. I completed the task and the notification gives me the same info that was in the fields that I put in the first task(task 5).

So the fields are only being wiped out/reset if they are added to the other task. Can anyone tell me why this is the case? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

how do you have configured 'execute on new/edit/view' options on web request control?

Badge +5

Hey Marian. One of my clients is also experiencing the same issue with the SQL Request control on a Task Form which is connected to an Item Property.  The Item Form has the same SQL Request control connected to two fields for the ID and Text of the control.  The user sets the initial value from the SQL Request control (as a drop down menu) in the Item Form and the two columns on the item get set.  Then, a workflow fires up.  The workflow assigns a Task with a Task Form that has the same SQL Request control also shown as a drop down menu. The control, however, shows the error icon with "Attention Required" and the alt text "Please note: This value has been updated outside of the form."  It is connected to the same columns on the item to allow the user to change the value from the Task Form.  It's not working, however, because the Task Form SQL Request control doesn't show the previously selected value and only shows the error message regardless of how I set the "Execute on new/edit/view" flags.  The Task Form SQL Request control just shows "Please select a value..." even though a value was previously selected on the Item Form.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you seen this?

Badge

Was a solution found for this bug?