Using Maps and Location Data

• 19 February 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a data source that contains information about certain building properties, such as their rent prices, year built etc. It also contains their latitude and longitude. I would like to create a SmartForm where users can draw a polygon over a map (similar to Google Maps' API), and all the properties within that polygon have their information populate a list. Is this possible?

Thanks!

1 reply

Good day,

I have researched and found out that, it's possible because according to my research this is accomplished by making use of a sub view interaction on your form that will access the data taken by the location services control. 

Add a sub view on the form that will take data generated by the location services control.

On the location services control edit the get locations button rules to add actions that transfers data between the location services controller and your sub view. 

You will also need to add Google's embedded mapping API key to your location services controller so that you may be able to make use of the drawing feature of the polygon on your device.

For more clarity on how to accomplish this feature please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2s8RoEeng

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by the forum member.

Kind regards

Dumisani