Does anyone know of a way to export and import a Nintex Form through Powershell

• 22 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

We are trying to automate our updates. So far we've managed to automated the deployment. In the deployment, our main list doesn't exists so we restore it from a List Template--the forms comes over easily in the process.

However, when we need to do updates to the form, we don't have the luxury of blowing away the customer's data and starting again--we would like to be able to export the form from our development and import it to the exist list.  The only way I have seen this thus far is manually through the UI: https://community.nintex.com/message/33628

Any scripters have a better idea?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I haven't tested it, I just recall Nintex Forms API has been released recently.

by the doc there doesn't seems to be direct PS cmdlets published, but there are available WebServices that might help you http://help.nintex.com/en-US/sdks/SDK2013/#FormSDK/Topics/SDK_NF_API_REF_NAV.htm%3FTocPath%3DNintex%2520Software%2520Dev…

Badge +9

Actually, I'm thinking about another way:

The method involves copying the Nintex Forms Library (/NintexForms/Forms/AllItems.aspx --hidden library--but readily accessible)  to another list via a List Template. Let's just call the new list “TransferFormList”.  Deleting out of the "TransferFormList" out all but the form of interest identified by the  Guid of the List that is using the template.  Then creating  another list template for “TransferFormList”. Copying that List template to our install. ( I already have PowerShell Code to install a list template and create a custom list from that template in our install.)

If  List of Interest already exists on the installing system, get the Guid of the list.  Delete the record matching that Guid from the Nintex Forms Library. Also delete the “TransferFormList” if it exists from a previous install.  Then Install our new “TransferFormList” Template and create the  Custom List “TransferFormList” .  Then copy the one record from "TransferFormList" to the Nintex Form Library and update the Guid to match the guid of the List of interest.

I'll report how this goes.

Badge +9

Ran into a problem with Nintex Forms.

I’m trying to understand the relation between a List using a Nintex Form and the NintexForm Library. 

The problem is that we are continually working on the list form and occasionally need to update new sites Testing and Production with the lates form--preferably in an automated update.

I’ve have been copying via PowerShell the needed Form to another template library—originally templated from NintexForms but with all items removed. This copy to this other file works fine. My idea was to use a template of this copied file on the site I want to update.

Where my idea gets into trouble is trying to replace the form on a list on another machine or site collection.  First, the NintexForm library may not even exist even though the Nintex form shows up in the new list.  Nintex Features both Site and Web are activated.

I managed to get the NintexForm library to make its appearance by going into my List and Editing the form in design. It then appeared but with no items.

I then copied my updated form and changed the ListId to reflect the Guid of the New List.  No Luck --the form was still using the old form.

Anyone know the architecture of Nintex Forms?

If I manually export the file from the Forms Designer and manually import it to the new List—it works—but I need to automate this change.

I understand there are some new web services for forms but I haven’t seen a lot of examples.

Badge +5

Hi ... I see that Stephan participated in the thread here, but in case someone else comes across this thread, you can find more info here: 

Thanks! Matt