Unable to connect to server on port 5252 failed.

Badge +4

Hi all,

When iam trying to open k2.net work space it is showing the following error messege with red colour.

Error: Unable to connect to server on port 5252 connect  failed.No connection could be made because the target machine actievely refused it. Any help is appriciated

Thanks,

sureshr

12 replies

Badge +9

This is usually a symptom of:

1. The Workspace Configuration is not correct and is looking for an invalid K2 server.  Check the web.config file in C:Program FilesK2.net 2003K2WSWorkspaceService (I think that's the correct path) to see if the K2 server it is pointing to is correct.

2. The K2 Server Service is not running.  Check the Windows Services applet to see if K2 Server is running.

Badge +4

Thanks for reply.

In C:Program FilesK2.net 2003K2WSWorkspaceService i found web.config .but how to check that is correct path or not.

To open k2workspace what i have to do here.

Regards,

sureshr

Badge +9

Sorry, I was mistaken... the correct file location is:

C:Program FilesK2.net 2003K2WSWorkspaceweb.config

(notice the "Workspace" folder as opposed to "WorkspaceService").

Open this web.config in Notepad and see what value is in the ServerName key (this is the name of the K2 Server).  Is this correct?  If so, is the K2 server service on the machine stated here started?

Badge +4

Hi,

Iam in littlebit confusion.I  opend that web.config file in notepadfrom the path

C:Program FilesK2.net 2003K2WSWorkspaceweb.config.

here i have to replace that server name with k2 server name or what i have to do. Please inform me.

Regards,

sureshr

Badge +4

Hi Bob,

Just now i replace the name of the server  as k2.net2003 server but no result .same error comming .

Regards,

sureshr

Badge +9
Is the K2 Server service up and running?  You can check this in Windows Services applet (found in Windows Administrative Tools).  If this is not running, strart it and then retry connecting to workspace.  If it is running, then I'm not sure what the issue is and would recommend contacting K2 Technical Support to better diagnose this issue.
Badge +4

Hi,

If i start k2 services in the service applet the server showing empty and workspace is also not working . So i stop that services again.Now the k2.net server starting successfully and k2.net workspace is not running.

Thanks for reply

Regards,

sureshr.

Badge +1

Hi,

I am running into the same problem... but under K2 BlackPearl.  It is a standalone install with MOSS and SQL on the same box.  What is strange is that port 5555 is working fine.  When I issue a "Netstat -ano" I cannot see port 5252.  I have started and restarted the service many times and even tried using the console option as well... still no go.  The server has its firewall disabled and there's no antivirus software installed.  When I open the Workspace, I see the following while the rest of the other pages seem to render fine.

========
Info 27022 Starting K2 Server Perfomance Monitoring
Error 1 The
service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no
enabled devices associated with it
========

Anyone have any suggestions? 

Badge +10
This is one i have sen before and i think there is some active investigation on let me look and find out.
Badge +10

OK I have something of a "WorkAround" for now. 

Go into the K2setup.config file.  Mine is located here (C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlHost ServerBin)

There should be a line that reads

<PerfMonCounters Enable="True" Interval="5000" />

Change that to false.

Restart.

See if that works. and Let me know

Badge +1

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the help.  I don't see a K2setup.config in that folder.  I see K2Server.config, K2HostServer.config and K2Server.setup.  These three the the closest to it.

Gene

Badge +1

Okay... it is the K2SERVER.SETUP file.  I've made the change as instructed.  It seems to have resolve the issue!  Thanks Chris.   Still, I would like to know what caused it thought. 

PS.  I have opened a ticket with K2 on this already.

Again. Thanks.