K2 BlackPerl Processes CleanUp

• 12 October 2009
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Dear All, 

I have been in a very critical situation, since my client is asking to delete and remove 10 of his processes which he doesn't want anymore. 

As we know there is no possibility in K2 BP to remove a process, any updates about this feature if it has been implemented ? 

4 replies

Badge +1

There is a K2 stored procedure called "wProcDelete" in K2 DB which allows you to remove Process Definitions.
Just need to pass in the FullName of the process as a parameter.
Do note that it's not recommended for Production system and not supported by K2.

Badge +6

Hi, The stored procedure deletes and cleans the K2Server DB but it does not clear the K2ServerLog DB. Since in the Process Overview Report i'm still getting all the workflow and instances and information about the WFs. 

We need also a way to clean the K2ServerLog DB.

Thanks a lot for your support

Badge +10

There is a supported way to clean out the K2ServerLog DB by using the K2 workspace archive functionality.  The downside of this tool is it doesn't allow you to specify what processes you want to move to the archive database but simply moves everything within a certain date range.  So if you want to move everthing simply select a date range from the past till today.

Here is a section in the online help which talks about the Archive capability:

K2 Workspace > K2 Management Console > Workflow Server > Workflow Service Management - Archiving

I hope this helps.

Tim

Badge +9

You might want to check out the scripts on this article.

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2008/04/15/deleting-obsolete-process-instances-from-a-k2-net-2003-or-k2-blackpearl-database.aspx