Not applicable

Flexi Task Nintex form display too light need to change font color in display

Jump to solution

I am using Nintex Workflow 2010 with a Nintex form 2010, the display on the approval form is gray when each item "enable" is turned off.  Is there a way to change the font color to black so that it displays better?  I have attempted to change the font per item but it does not change the display view.

Tags (1)
30 Replies
andrewg
Scout

Re: Flexi Task Nintex form display too light need to change font color in display

Jump to solution

You should be able to override the color using CSS. In the form, you can apply CSS to the form by clicking on Form Settings, under Custom CSS, add your custom classes.

I was unable to test this in 2010, but in 2013 you can add the following class and it will override the text color to red (just change it to black, I used red to make it obvious in the test).

input[type=text][disabled] {

color: red !important;

}

Not applicable

Re: Flexi Task Nintex form display too light need to change font color in display

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick reply, I have entered the following to my CSS on the form but it still appears gray. Below is the actual entry at was entered at the end of the CSS for this form. I am testing red at this time. Can you tell me if this is correct?

.input[type=text][disabled]

Best Regards,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
andrewg
Scout

Jump to solution

Make sure there are no characters before input. You will be searching for an element and not a class(denoted by a dot).

0 Kudos
hcait
Apprentice

Jump to solution

Hi Jennifer,

Did you manage to get this resolved ? I have exactly the same requirement and not been able to tweak the CSS to change the font color.  The suggestion given above did not work either.

Thanks in advance

Sam

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I was not able to find a fix.  But I fixed the issue by going into each object and under Control Setting | Advanced | Control Mode and set it to Display.

This allowed the fonts to be black and visible but could not be changed.

Good Luck,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
andrewg
Scout

Jump to solution

I wouldn't mind helping you both further if I can understand more of what didn't work. When I used the above CSS change it did change the text on my form for all disabled text areas. I could also providing tweaks or new classes if it helps.

0 Kudos
hcait
Apprentice

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew, thanks for the follow up.

We have few columns in the list which are of the Type 'Multiple lines of text'. The controls on the form are editable when the user create a new form. However once the form is approved, we disable the controls (via Rules - formatting) to disable them. When disabled, the text is very light (see img attached) though readable.  nintex-forms.jpg

Hope it is clear. We did use the CSS you have provided  but that did not change the text color.

0 Kudos
andrewg
Scout

Jump to solution

I hope it is not a limitation to SharePoint 2010, as it could be. Are you using 2010 also? I have a working example of this in 2013.

0 Kudos
hcait
Apprentice

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew, I am using 2013. Is it possible to share the working example if it is a Test one please. Just want to compare the settings on our form to the working example. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos