Error when deploying a workflow created in Visual Studio in Visio 2007

• 7 October 2009
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hi,

I am trying to import a workflow process into Visio 2007 that was created in visual studio designer and was deployed successfully using visual studio.  What I want to do is change one of the line rules from visio and redeploy.  This functionality is a requirment for our business analysts.  The issue I am having is when I deploy from Visio I get the following error : 

1 Error(s)
Task Error: System.Exception: Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly. - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.Execute()

0 Warnings(s)

Any suggustions?

4 replies

Badge +2

It looks like that when deploying using Visio, the FormsGeneratedEvent fails to create the forms which seems to be causing the error.  When deploying through visual studio the forms are generated into "C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlWorkSpaceClientEventPagesProcess Name".

Has anyone come across this before?

Badge +9

What happens if you delete and recreate the Forms event again?

In any case, I think you should log a ticket on this to get it fixed.

Badge +2
I have deleted and recreated the FormGenerationEvents and still the same error message.  Also I created a new test workflow process in Visio with FormGenerationEvents and it deployed successfully but when I brought it into Visual Studio and deployed I recieved the same error as above.   So it also happen in the reverse direction.  I have logged a ticket and am now waiting on a response. 
Badge +2
I have found a workaround in the post http://www.k2underground.com/forums/permalink/19793/19837/ShowThread.aspx#19837.