Copy value from one list to another with a workflow

• 9 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I want to book hours in a Sharepoint list for tasks. Behind the hours is an hourly rate. So I can calculate the costs of each task.

This hourly rate may be changed in the future.

My question:

I book 10 hours today for 'task a'. The hourly rate for the employee is 50 $ per hours. So task a costs 500 $. Tomorrow the hourly rate will be changed to 60 $. The costs of 'task a' in my SharePoint list must be still 500 $. If I book 10 hours for 'task b' tomorrow, then I get 600 $ costs for this task.

My idea: 'list one' for the tasks, 'list two' for the hourly rates. Every time I create a new task in 'list one' a workflow copies the actual hourly rate value from 'list two' to a field in 'list one'.

Can this be realized with Nintex Workflow? If so, can you give me some hints how this can be done?

Thanks a lot.

panc

2 replies

Badge +11

I would have  List A where I would enter my Tasks and List B to store dates and rates.

Add a date field on  List A form ( list lookup to List B and retrieve date column, filter by value Current date, that way each day will point to [Today]) Rate calculated value based on Date field in the form.

User will only see the current day in the dropdown. You can also set date as default value with some js if you don't want user to select date from dropdown.

9411i2A22EA5E0AF17CB6.png

Badge +3

Hello,

I will try that. Thanks a lot.

Bye,

panc