Can a Nintex form be made to move from section to section based on a checkbox or dropdown selection?

• 14 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have a request to create a form and at the beginning of the form, there are two choices.  Depending on the choice, they want the form to "advance" to the correct section.  i.e. - If it's a new request, go to Section 1.  If it's a change to an existing request, skip to Section 8.  Thanks for any help!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you mean with "go to" to hide sections 1-7 and display section8 at the top of the form, or to navigate (set focus) to first control of 8th section, so having sections 1-7 still shown?

Badge +1

Hi Marian - yes to your second case.  I want to be able to automatically have the cursor navigate to section 8 if a change is being selected and I still want sections 1-7 to appear.  Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

try following.

ChoiceCtrl, Sec1Ctrl1, Sec8Ctrl1 are all javascript variables configured for respective controls.

if 'Option1' is choosen in choice control, focus should be set to 1st control of section 1, otherwise to 1st control of section 8.

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () {  
   NWF$('#'+ChoiceCtrl).change(function(evt){
       if (evt.target.value == 'Option1'){   
            NWF$('#'+Sec1Ctrl1).focus();
       }else{
            NWF$('#'+Sec8Ctrl1).focus();
       }
  })
})
‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

‌ set focus‌ set value by other control

Badge +1

OK.  Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

did it work for you?

if so could you mark it as correct answer?