Find a person using an ID instead of the email/name

• 26 January 2022
  • 0 replies

Hello! I am am migrating a process from Teamsite to Sharepoint (a bit late I know) and we have found a hurdle.

We lookup our callers by their unique employee ID (a 9 digit number) and have been for about a year. But with the switch we have found that we can no longer lookup callers by the id and instead have to use either last name, first name or the work email. This is very slow compared to our normal process as we have to fiddle with spelling and trying to hear over the phone in sometime poor quality calls.

I am trying to find a work around for this. I know there is a "UserInfo" list hidden on the site that if I could get at it with a lookup function I could find what I need, but I only ever get "#value" errors when I try. Could be impossible or could be syntax. 

userProfileLookup requires the email and typing into the people element directly only works with the name/email. 

Oddly, if I am editing the list directly, I can fill in the people column with the unique employee ID and it finds the caller just fine. It is just not working in the form after the switch.

Is there anyway to lookup user profile info without starting from the email or name? This is specifically in a nintex form as it is being filled in, not in a workflow.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!