Querying for Corrupt/Incomplete Rules

• 17 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We have had a few instances where form/view rules are corrupted after doing a deployment. Nothing appears wrong during the deployment process, but we notice problems in the functionality of the forms, dive into the rules and see that one or more have the red exclamation icon showing that they are not fully configured.

Does anyone know how to query agaisnt those rules in the database to surface rules that are not fully configured? It would be a handy validation check to be able to run since I don't know of any way to find these corrupt rules without opening every form/view.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

As far as I know, it is not possible to do so via querying the database. You will still need to go to the view/form itself and check if any rules have not been correctly or fully configured. You might want to log a feature request with K2 Support.

Badge +10

Agree this is a feature that some times including Expressions if you delete some dependencies like Parameters or some other dependency. does not check against it and ultimately return an error @ Runtime.

Will be really nice to have an option to check all the Expresions, Rules, even some rules that might cause infinite loop [ Warnings ] I did some of those making a expresion getting the value from date/time on the fly and not on Initialization. turn out to be running all the time and overloading and slowing the response of my page.

In the case there are some nested loops within views, the rules can launch some warning aobut the limit ... if hte views are quite large will cause a SQL Lock in the database because the query will take to long.

but yes this will be a very nice feature request for K2.

Badge +1

Bummer. Well, I've submitted a feature request for this. Thanks for your input!