Expire client event not the activity

• 2 January 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I'm looking for a way to expire a client event in an activity so the remaining events in the activity can be executed. I tried to use the default escalation template for the client event but nothing happens. I assume it requires code? If so, what would be the code to just expire that event and continue to process the other events? Ideally I would also set the outcome to "Approve" or some value that will already work with my existing line rules. Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

Many Thanks,

3 replies

Badge +13

pasted in-line from http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/current/webframe.html#EscW14.html

The Expire Activity Action expires the Activity instance. Everything within the Activity execution is stopped, the Line Rules that flow out of the activity are then evaluated and if one of them evaluates to true, that route will be followed next. The status of the Activity is reflected as Expired in the Standard Reports.

----

I don't think you can just expire the client event and execute the rest of the events in the activity.

Maybe an escalation that fires external code that opens the workitem with Approve action?

Badge +2

Thanks for the feedback Peter. actioning the worklist item on behalf of the user sounds like what i would like to do. Do you have any recomendations on how to get the serial number for the worklist item in code from within the process instance and action the item? i belive the code for the activity action does cary the context of hte workitem but i'm not sure if the default escallation code template does.

Thanks,

Badge +10

You cannot expire a user as far as I know but you can reassign that user's task to someone else via the workspace. Maybe this is also possible via the K2 API. If you do not have a user to replace that original user with then, maybe create a account that you can use to just reassign these task to. That would mess up your reporting if you use the out of the box reporting stuff. 

Hope that helps.