Not applicable

Filtering a List View

Hi

I am trying to use the List View feature, but I am little confused by the Filtered listed items "By Controls Value".

This is what I am trying to achieve, but I cannot get very far with it.

I would like the list view, to be filtered by another control which has a lookup to  a sharepoint list.  Therefore when record 1 is selected from the drop down

The relevant data is shown on the the list view (i.e. record 1)

I have seen this list view article, but it is using a "setId" to be entered into a hidden box

Show and Filter list items in Nintex Forms

The article filters the list view exactly as I am trying to implement but uses the ID rather than a record number from another sharepoint list.

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos
19 Replies
tbeduneau
Nintex Newbie

Re: Filtering a List View

The problem should come from the fact that you use a Lookup field : the "Control value" should not be what you see.

Ex : If you choose "Choice 2" in your lookup, the value returned should be "2;#Choice2"...then your filter won't work.

To verify this, place a "calculated value" field, and ask it to show the value of your lookup.

0 Kudos
tbeduneau
Nintex Newbie

Maybe this would help, using javascript :

Filtered Lookup based on lookup field selection

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

I will look at the other article and your suggestion regarding the "calculated field".

Karen

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi

I don't think I understood as I have not really used Calculated values that much, apologies

To verify this, place a "calculated value" field, and ask it to show the value of your lookup.

Therefore whatever I tried it did not seem to work

The other link you gave me I had a problem with the JavaScript and it did not work.  The JavaScript was to go in the form settings.  Unfortunately I already have some javascript in there and this stopped working when I added the new javascripts.

I will keep trying as I have tried ways of filtering a list view and even thought about a workflow.

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Automation Master
Automation Master

For testing you can try to put a text field on the form and then manually enter the ID of the item you are trying to get to appear in your List View.  This will show you how filtering works based off an ID and give you and idea of what you need to do to achieve the results you want.  Once you have the text input field working you can transition to a calculated field based off your other selection.

-Mike

Not applicable

Thanks Mike M​.

I am looking into this at the moment (along with the other solutions) but I have come across error which I have posted (not about list filtering)

I will come back when I can.

Karen

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi

I have tried adding the text field for the ID, but this is not working.

I have also tried to follow the instruction from the post

Show and Filter list items in Nintex Forms

Which I mentioned before, but this is not working for me either.

Ideally I would like the filter to work from a sharepoint look up list if possible. But I am having trouble filtering the list in the first place!

There must be something I am missing.

Karen

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hello,

Can you show us the configuration of your filtering in whole via a screen shot - similar with what you have above but with the comparison and all?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi

The list is set up like this --

Type in the Set ID box and nothing happens -

I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos