Are you Feel VS2005 IDE Desgin is slow slow ...

• 17 July 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Process have about 18 Activities. If fewer activites don't feel much time

When open the Process or Save or Complier or Deploy feel very slow and use very much cpu performance.

my notebook is cpu:2.4G ram:4G os:vista

And any method to speed it?

TKX

3 replies

Badge +6

Yes, there are all kinds of things you can do to help performance. The good news is that major breakthroughs have been made in the way that VS works and that in the next big build that will be released (0807) the VS performance will be drastically improved.

First thing is to let the garbage collector do its business by cleaning up some unused memory. To do this all you have to do is minimize the VS window. Have a look at the amout of RAM that devenv.exe uses before and then after you minimize the window.

Another suggestion I heard was to disable documentation view:

1.       Close all VS.net instances

2.       Go to the ConfigurationManager.config file in the Bin folder of K2Studio. (C:program filesK2 BlackPearlBin)

3.       Comment the following line in the ConfigurationManager.config file. You will find it under the Environments node, where the environment name = "VisualStudio"

a.       This can be added back, and the documentation view will sync with the  Process Definition.

<!--<view type="SourceCode.Workflow.Design.DocumentView" assembly="SourceCode.Workflow.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d" name="DocumentView" designerType="SourceCode.Workflow.VisualDesigners.ProcessDesigner" designerAssembly="SourceCode.Workflow.VisualDesigners, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d"/>-->

4.       Open the Process file in your project with a text editor. Find the Document View node the Views node. Remove the Document View

<DocumentView Type="SourceCode.Workflow.Design.DocumentView" Assembly="SourceCode.Workflow.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d">

</DocumentView>   

Save and close, and open the designer.

I'm sure there are more performance tips that these so lets here from other users?

Badge +5

Hi GLouw ,

It's better then before.

Another :  How To: Speed Up blackpearl Deployments 

TKS

Badge +7
In the SmartObject Association wizzard you can find an option Create Workflow Reporting SmartObjects. If you unselect this the deployment of a workflow is much faster. As far I know this option is necessary for custom reports - so I do unselect it during development and select it for the productive deployment.