I'm hoping someone can point me in a good direction here. I have a form that is essentially a rollup of another list (which happens to be a nintex form library). The user selects a name from a list and all the forms for that name appear in a list lookup multi selection control. The user will select the items that are relevant and click on save. I have a list view control that appears when viewing the form in the display view. It shows the the items selected and will allow the user to print this out. This part of the form works great. However, I and the requestor of the form see a problem that will occur over time. Some names on this list could generate several forms in a time period. They've asked if you could insert a date filter to limit which forms appear. My list lookup is already set to filter by the name chosen. I'm actually pulling that from a sql request control that pulls all the potential names (not necessarily the names of the poeple who just happen to have forms). Part of the original form does require the user to insert a date. I could use this as it is a date control. I just can't think of a way to do a secondary filter on the list lookup. Any one have some ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Yes, seen several of these. However, I am looking to tackle this a different way than my intial thoughts. I ended up creating a workflow that performs a query list against the original forms. I filter that based on two date controls and the name of the person. It will loop through all the forms and pull the information out as needed. I then build the string of all the information I need from the form, collect that into a separate variable which is sent out as an email. At this point I'm about 95% of the way. My only problem at this point is how the data is displayed. Essentially the items listed are in the order in which the forms are created. I need them listed in the order of the date the event occurred. I'm not sure if there is a way to order those in any way. I'll keep looking around to see if there is a way.
Ok, here is how I accomplished what I wanted to do. By following the above steps, I was able to essentially genereate a list of items and the data is displayed in a Multi-line of text and via email to the document creator. I had to set the field to Plain text at the list level or all the data would not have the line breaks. I tried a series of workflows that attempted to create the line breaks, but none worked. Changing it to Plain text worked. Now, the user has the ability to copy the listed items and place them in Excel. Performing the text to column task allows the user to break all the items up. I inserted a "-" in between all the different items so it is easy to set the rule on the break. From there, they can sort the date field without any problem. Everyone is now happy :).