K2 for SharePoint 2013 - only available as an app?

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a SharePoint 2013 farm. As a deployment model we still use full farmsolutions. Unfortunately we are not able to run Apps.

Is the K2 integration for SharePoint 2013 only available as an app?

thanks

Sven

2 replies

Badge +5

Sven, in order to get the full capability, you need to deploy the K2 App. Its the recommended approach by Microsoft Sharepoint Engineering. These apps are lightweight, loosely coupled and dont have many of the issues associated with full trust solutions in prior generations. The app model works consistently on prem and online. It auto-configures some very complex stuff like UI, OAuth, Trusts, remote event receivers and the K2 broker which uses CSOM. You are probably the first customer I have found who doesnt deploy apps, but is happy to do full trust code. Normally its exactly the other way around (which is why the app model was invented)

You can deploy the app without using the store as well. This gives you more control over app deployment. 

Dave

Badge +1

OK, I fully understand this.

Currently we are using full-trust code. I understand that I have to use the APP.

What is the difference between deploying it to the SharePoint app store or deploying it to a site collection?