Hi, just a quick query on compatibility. Is there any potential for any problems with existing forms or workflows following a Nintex patch/upgrade?

• 23 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Please Note - I have not experienced any problems, and assuming there should not be any.

I am just asking the question so we can define a patching policy and we need to 100% confident that we do not introduce any issues to some of our Business Critical sites by applying Nintex Forms or Workflow patches.

Or if there are any considerations we should note or test for when we do get around to patching.

Any feedback or info on other user experience would be welcome.

[Sharepoint 2013]

Regards, Martin

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Martin,

we did a lot of updates to forms and workflow installations of our customers for SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2016 and never had a single problem or data loss caused by an update. As long as you follow the installation / update guides and don't forget to also update the Nintex Workflow Databases you will surely be fine updating your product installations.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

the risk is always there!

follow release notes of respective products and think of how listed changes and bugfixies might affect you.

for some releases nintex explicitely mention there has been made significant functionality change(s) and you might expect problems.

it as well might happen you hit a new bug that is not (yet) mentioned anywhere.

typically there are issues with custom javascript in forms.

we have run as well into incompatibility problem of certain forms and workflow releases, despite we asked nintex for compatibility confirmation beforehand and were given approval.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Martin,

while the majority of updates of Nintex Workflow/Forms doesn't create any issue, during last year, if I remember well, there have been some Forms updates that changed the html structure of some controls, so if you have built custom javascript or css rules based on the previous structure, then you have to check if everything is still ok or if you have to fix something. 

Similar changes are tracked in product release notes for the specific version that does that, so always have a look on release notes!

In addition, my suggestion is to always test the update in a separate environment so you don't affect Production environment, especially if your workflows/forms are part of a critical process.

Giacomo

Badge +1

Thank you for your response.

Badge +1

Thank you for your response

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

nice fresh example -  

sad.png