\Pause for Duration\" action is not working"

• 26 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

I have paused my workflow for 1 min /5 min/10 mins but the action seems to suspend the workflow for ever. I have 2 environments in one its working while in other its not.Anyone faced such issue?

4 replies

Badge +11

Have you tried to restart the timer service? This normally helps.

You can also check which intervall is given to the workflow timer job in Central Administration.

Cheers

Philipp

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

is there any error logged to the workflow history?

Have you tried to restart the SharePoint Timer Service (this is my reference Workflows not continuing - Timer Service and Delays , even it's for SP2010 so the details about the CU to be installed is not applicable..)

After the restart, could you try to build a workflow with SharePoint Designer in the problematic environment with just a pause in it and check if the error is also there? If yes, it could be related to some generic SharePoint stuff so a call to Microsoft support probably it's the best thing to do..

Giacomo

Badge +9

Giacomo GelosiPhilipp Lucas​ Thanks for your replies. Since the environment is in Production I don't think admins would restart the service before weekend. One more issue is regarding the condition to trigger a workflow. If I put condition in workflow settings then the workflow don't get trigger. I guess the two issues are related

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Yes, these are jobs that run on the timer service. I would imagine the logs would be full of issues if the timer service is failing, and it may be affecting other areas of SharePoint, so it may be in their interest to check this and consider restarting it before the weekend.