Name of workflow & status in the list page?

• 13 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Good morning

I am updating an older form that has been in use for quite a while & has lots of historical data & the form looks to have gone thru a couple of revisions over the last couple of years.

The workflow i have (which i am revising) is called "Material spillage form"

A previous author has managed to add a column into the list page that is titled "Material spillage form" and shows "completed" underneath

How is this done & how do i show that the job is completed? 

The previous workflow was simply to send an email so it is not clear how i can demonstrate that a workflow is completed in the list page.

Is there a way of "forcing" a workflow completion even if it appears not to have been completed - thus forcing the list to show that the job has been completed?

T

198758_pastedImage_1.png

198759_pastedImage_2.png

198760_pastedImage_3.png

Hope there is enough info here!?

Pete

2 replies

Badge +8

Hi Peter Scott‌,

Very good morning !!

Material spillage form column that you see is the existing Nintex workflow name and the value (in your case Completed) that is shown is the current status of each of the Nintex workflow instance.

Basically for each Nintex workflow associated to the SharePoint list/library will get a workflow instance name SharePoint column to display the status of the respective workflow instance.

Nintex does provide you workflow actions to change the workflow status during the workflow execution. Using this you can show the status as Completed at any state of the workflow execution.

For more details http://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/Default.htm#cshid=1109  

I hope this helps.

Badge +6

Hey Peter Scott‌,

you could also deactivate the creation of that column by changing the "Create workflow status column" setting in the general settings of a workflow and then work with your own column that you update during the workflow.

198769_pastedImage_1.png

Why would you force the column to say "Completed" if it's not?

Best regards,

Jan