How do I create more than one upload button on a single form (6 to be exact) and link to list columns.

Badge +3

How do I create more than one attachment button and link them to a list with buttons to view each attachment in different columns?  

IE: Buttons:  Upload Document A, Upload Document B, Upload Document C, and then columns for each (Doc A, B, C) that are view-able by the end user by clicking on them one by one.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you haven't specified what env you want to achieve that on...

but in sharepoint on-prem you can not achieve that.

attachments are related to list item, they can not be stored individually in list item fields.

not sure what's your target, but with attachment control you still can click on attachments link and open them one by one.

Badge +10

You can have 6 different attachment controls on the Nintex form and make one of them as default.

Create the 6 fields in the list as hyperlink which is going to hold the url for the document.

Now using the workflow you can get the name of the attached document and create URL for each document location.

{SiteUrl}/Lists/(ListName}/{ItemId}/Attachments/{DocName}

Update the urls to the fields created

Badge +3

It is SharePoint on premise, but we the form will be a Nintex cloud form. 

Badge +3

Thank you for your response.  I greatly appreciate help on this.  I will be sitting down today trying to implement this.

Badge +3

I'm sorry, I'm new to Nintex.  Would I do this through the Nintex Workflow and if so, what action do I drop in to configure?

Badge +10

So placing the attachment controls on the form, give names for all the attachment controls.

Now while saving the form, you need to start the workflow to create the URL for each document. You have to extract the names of the attached documents from the FormData using the workflow. So

Use query xml control to extract the document name

203429_pastedImage_1.png

Here is the setting

203430_pastedImage_2.png

You can extract all the names from 6 attachment controls in same QueryXML as show above. Store them in 6 different variables.

Once you have the file names, you can construct the url and palce them in the hyperlink fields  that you created

Badge +3

Hi Sojan,

Thank you for the kind response.  I have implemented most of this but am stuck on the "Store Result In:" dropdown part. My dropdown is blank/empty.  How do I populate that dropdown?  

Again, thank you immensely for the help so far.  I have to present this project to the executive committee next week!  Deh Deh Deh.... happy.png

Badge +10

You have a create a variable to store the values , if you have more than one attachment in single control. You will get the names delimited by ";"