worklist item

• 11 August 2013
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

hi,

i was trying to fix some process instances by using GoToActivity,

but i'm not able to get that instance in worklist of the concerned person as the activity status changed to expired.

what should i do to make the process to make something like restart or redo the step where the error happens?

could you suggest a best practice for error handling?

Regards,

5 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

Log into K2 Workspace as the process admin (someone with admin rights to this process) and navigate to Management > Management Console > [K2 server] > Workflow Server > Processes > [Your process's category] > [Your process] > Instances. As long as the process instance is still pending action from user(s), you should be able to select and run the GoToActivity function.

For exception handling, you can refer to the Best Practice document located at http://help.k2.com/en/KB000352.aspx

Regards.

JK

Badge +6

Within the K2 workspace-->Management Console-->Workflow Server, there is a section called 'Error Profiles' Do you see the process instance in there. If so, you can use "Goto Activity" option by navigating to the Instances section of the actual workflow.

Badge +1

ok but after i run GoToActivity it doesn't appear in the worklist of assigned person?!

Badge +5

Do you see any error for the process instance?

Badge +6

After doing GoTo, does the instance remain in 'Active' state. If so, check the Global worklist (management console-->workflow server) to see who is it allocated to. Are you using an AD group or a role as a destination? If so, have you verified that the user is still part of that role/group.