SharePoint error when workflow tries to make tasks in another list

• 12 March 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have a form that users submit to a form library, once submitted Nintex Workflow 2010 gathers some data from the form and creates tasks in another list on the same site.

This works completely fine when I submit the form.

If I have any other user test it, even if they have admin access on both the form library and the task list the workflow is giving the error.

"The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information."

I know its not related to any data type issues as I have copied the data my test users inputted character for character.

Anyone have any idea's?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Try adding an action so as to set permissions to the initiator user with Contribute Permissions

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I 'm happy you found helpful my answer.

If you think I answered you, please set the question as answered

Badge +3

Hi Fernando,

At the start of the workflow which generates the task I have an action to set the permissions already.

I have tried contribute/full control etc without any luck.

As the workflow is running on one form library is there anyway I can set the permissions for the list that its adding tasks to?

I have tried setting a user with full control on both the library and list and still receive that above error.

But when I submit them myself using my Site Collection account it works fine.

Badge +3

I managed to fix this by remove the set item permissions from the top of my workflow.

It now allows it to complete and create tasks in the other list :/