Object reference not set to an instance of an object while creating New Nintex Database

• 24 October 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have 3 problems with my current environment.

1.New Database creation

2.control missing.

3.performance

New Database creation

While creating new database  for  Nintex in SharePoint central Admin , I am getting following error message.

Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object

ULS Logs information :

Application error when access /_admin/NintexWorkflow/DatabaseSettings.aspx, Error=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at JBg=.Khg=.ProcessAttach(XRg= context)

at Nintex.Workflow.Administration.DatabaseAttacher.Attach()

at Nintex.Workflow.AdministrationPages.DatabaseSettings.btnOk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at JBg=.Khg=.ProcessAttach(XRg= context)

at Nintex.Workflow.AdministrationPages.DatabaseSettings.btnOk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Getting Error Message for Exception System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at JBg=.Khg=.ProcessAttach(XRg= context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I did the same operating in my development , it is working fine.

Control Missing :

Load control template file /_controltemplates/15/NintexFormsTemplates.ascx failed:

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Are you installing it with your farm user?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi!

did you just install the Nintex Workflow / Nintex forms? Were there any errors when installing?

A missing control might be the result of an incomplete installation. Please try reinstalling the products you're using using a high privileged accound and administrator mode for installing.

If no errors occur please add the licenses and try to recreate the database and check if the control is present.

Kind regards,

Enrico