Solved

Export a List to Excel

• 8 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

I have a List that grows by 300 items a day.  Thus, I have an archive process in place to purge the items every 3 days.  The challenge now is the manager wants to view the past 6 months of data for metric purposes.

What are my options given that I am always being told that List can not exceed 5,000 rows, but having a need to store 27,000 rows for metrics and other validation purposes such as an audit check...

Is it possible via a Workflow to export to a Excel spreadsheet daily (append the records to a master workbook)..

icon

Best answer by reiva13 11 October 2018, 06:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi David, 

you can try it : 

- Get the contents of your list (ex: with   "Build string" , comma separated)
- Loop and Store it into the "content" variable.
- To export in to  CSV format use  the Attachment feature in "Send Notification"

Hope this can help you

Regards,
Reva Eka Patria

Badge +9

When you say loop and store...loop thru each individual record and store...do I need to create a variable for each column or can I do it row by row...thx

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi David, 

1. use Query List, to get all ID ( Set to colID)
2. insert For each base on query ColID  
3. In for Each action,  Insert Query list again base on txtID to get all field and store each variable.
4. In for Each action,  insert Build String base on field .

Regards, 

Reva Eka Patria

Badge +4
is there an example which details this process with screenshots?
Hi Reva,
I am trying to export SharePoint list to CSV file and then send it as notification using Nintex workflow. Can you please provide the screenshots for this workflow process? It will be more helpful.

Thank you,
Swati